This drink guide documents the trends of their era and provides an insider's glimpse into the excess and splendor prior to- and post-prohibition. Based on the actual bar book used by the Waldorf-Astoria prior to Prohibition, this collection of cocktails serves up more than 350 recipes. In addition to documenting the origin of many cocktails and mixed drinks still commonplace today, the book chronicles the background of their creation and the antics of the famous regulars at the bar.
- Includes 350+ recipes.
- Originally written in 1935.
- The Waldorf Astoria is said to have been where the Bronx was created, and popularized the Old Fashioned.
- Humorous history of the hotels bar.
- Historical view of how drink recipes changed before and after prohibition.
- Author: Albert Crockett
- 178 pages
- Publisher: New Day Publishing (June 27, 2003)
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 5.1 x 0.7 inches
Great Choice !
Your selection has been added to your cart