This book was originally likely to be a promotional piece, and it has over 200 food and cocktails recipes, some not calling for bitters. Since it was made to be popular, it features only the most popular drinks of the time, like Mamie Taylor, Whiskey Smash, and Gin Sour. It is a great book to date cocktails as they emerged or disappeared from favor.
Angostura Bitters was invented by Dr. Siegert in 1824 to cure all ailments - except the one you had. Lucky for us it was added to alcohol cures, as the umami and flavor make drinks ever so much more so. The most famous Bitters drink is Pink Gin, where a few dashes of bitters are swirled around the glass before the gin is added, changing the gin color to pink. Still distilled in Trinidad, they sell over 10 million gallons of the little bottles around the world.
- Complete reproduction of the 1908 Angostura Bitters Drink Guide
- Over 200 recipes (with and without bitters) of food and cocktails
- Features some of the most famous bitters drinks
- Ross Bolton republished this interesting book to bring its information to today's time
- 84 Pages, Paperback
- ISBN-13: 978-1438284972
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 5.3 x 0.2 inches